It’s Time to Heart your Heart
Now, who wouldn’t appreciate and love the posts of their family, friends and loved ones on social media? You would spend hours scrolling through your online feeds on various social networks, liking, commenting and hearting the posts of your loved ones. You would indeed show your appreciation and love to your loved ones, offline too.
Just like in those in-flight emergency instructions where you have to put on the oxygen mask first before you help others, you need to love yourself before you show love and affection to your loved ones. We don’t suggest this in a selfish way. So, on this World Heart Day, let us make it a priority to heart your heart first so that you can heart everything else. This is crucial because according to World Health Organization nearly an estimated 17.7 million people die every year which is almost 31% of the global deaths due to heart-related issues
What should your focus be?
When you search for heart issues, you will get hundreds of pages of information on the different types of problems. On the contrary, our primary concern is to list the major causes, preventive/corrective steps so that you can focuss on preventing any heart issue in the first place.
Heart, unlike any other organ, isn’t easily affected unless it’s something congenital, i.e., deformity or disease carried from birth. But it is our daily routine and habits that determine the health of our heart. According to WebMD significant causes for heart diseases are tobacco abuse, high cholesterol in the blood, obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, lack of exercise, regular high-fat diet and prolonged exposure to emotionally stressful situations.
Tips for a healthy heart:
You can follow numerous preventive/corrective steps by consulting your doctor or researching online. But we recommend seven easy steps and assure you that is you follow these religiously, you will have a very healthy heart. They are as follows:
- You have to quit tobacco use in all forms. If you are a non-consumer, this point is already covered. But you have to make sure you stay away from passive consumption. You should also ensure your family, friends and loved ones stay away from this.
- You need to maintain a healthy Body Mass Index which necessarily is the body fat percentage depending on your weight, height, and age. You can calculate yours here BMI Calculator and act accordingly.
- You have to be physically active. A study says that you need to be moderately active for at least 150 minutes or vigorously active for 75 minutes per week. This also helps you maintain the required BMI.
- Your blood pressure should be below 120/80.
- Your blood glucose level should be below 100 mg/deciliter.
- Your body cholesterol level should be below 200 mg/deciliter.
- You need to have a healthy balanced diet. You can consult a dietitian for a customized healthy balanced diet plan not exceeding 2000 calories per day.
To summarize the above points, all you have to do is to eat healthily and be physically active to take care of your heart and make it healthier. Let us celebrate this World Heart Day committing ourselves for the cause of hearting our Hearts!
To celebrate this World Heart Day Snap Fitness India has come up an offer your Heart will Jump At!
The offer will only be available for 24 Hours on 29th September 2018. To avail the LOWEST PRICE OF THE YEAR Offer from Snap Fitness Pre-Register Now.